The design possibilities are endless when it comes to using tile in your home. From bathroom walls to kitchen backsplashes, finding the best place for tiles in your design brings personality and versatility to any space in your home.
The bathroom is typically the best place for tile. It gives the area a polished look and allows you to revamp your bathroom without doing any major renovations. There are several different ways that you can use tile within your bathroom to match your personal taste and these include:
- This is a decorative wall covering that extends partway up the wall. You usually see it done in wood and in areas such as the dining room, but it can work in the bathroom to add some character. An added benefit to using wainscoting is that you can use it as a backsplash if it extends high enough above the sink.
- Border Tile
- A border tile lets you add your own personal style without putting a hole in your wallet. You can add a strip of mosaic tile or colored glass along the top of your wainscoting or you can let it stand along against a painted wall.
- Shower Tile
- All Over
- If budget isn’t a factor for you, then using tile all over the bathroom can be an interesting way to bring durability and easy-to-clean style to your bathroom. Vary the color, shape, pattern, size and textures of the tiles by using different materials throughout the bathroom. Using all-over tile is a great way to brighten a small space.
Tiles are not just used for the bathroom. Your kitchen is another room that can benefit from the use of tiles in various shapes and colors. Try one of these ways to use tile to revamp your kitchen without having to completely remodel:
- The floor is a fairly standard place to use tile in the house, but this doesn’t mean you need to be traditional about the tile that you use. Black-and-white tile can give your flooring a modern look, while experimenting with different colors can add creativity and flare to your space. There is no one tile that is better than the other, it all just depends on your taste. Here are a couple of ideas to get you started!
- The countertops are the focal point of the kitchen. Give your countertop an update with tiles in a neutral color to prevent them from contrasting with your flooring.
- The best place for tiles in your kitchen is to add some flare to your kitchen, consider using the tiles to accent your decor. You can hang a few large, decorative tiles on the wall or use them as decorations or coasters.
If you are interested in adding tile to your home, check out the new tile that we have to offer and don’t forget to contact GMS Werks for your next big project!