G.M.S. Werks is currently accepting applications for a Saw Operator for their Omaha, Nebraska, location.
Sets up and operates power saws to cut, slot, groove, miter, and trim metallic and nonmetallic workpieces according to specifications:
- Selects and installs blade on machine, using handtools.
- Sets controls to adjust speed, feed rate, and blade tensions.
- Positions guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpiece, using handtools and measuring devices.
- Scribes reference lines on material as guide for sawing operations, according to blueprints, templates, sample parts, or specifications.
- Mounts workpiece in holding device, manually or using hoist.
- Operates saw to cut along scribed lines.
- Verifies dimensions of finished workpiece, using measuring devices.
- May also weld and anneal saw blades.
Please send application to Bill Fairfield: Bill@GMSWerks.com or mail to: GMS Werks, 4225 Florence Blvd., Omaha, NE 68110 (Attn: Bill Fairfield)